As a grandparent, I want my grandchildren to achieve happiness and fulfillment in life. In a world filled with uncertainty, they need all the tools they can get to succeed. A good education is an all-important key to achieve their highest potential, and the ability to read is vital to a good education.
The Barrington Public Library has extensive programming to enhance literacy at all ages from introducing toddlers to books and the library:
- by storytelling (“Wee Read” – story time for ages 1-3 years) with other toddlers in a place where they can also choose books to take home,
- Preschool Story Time for ages 4-6 years,
- ECLC Kindergarteners who walk to the library for story time with their friend, Ms. Wendy, and are able to check out books,
- reading-buddy – reading enrichment programs with Rec Camp Reads,
- Family Story Time brings the family together for a shared literacy experience, and
- Book clubs are available for those who enjoy reading and discussing books with those who share a similar interest.