Can you imagine a beautiful, comfortable library in our town by the summer of 2025?
This building is the former Barrington Family Practice and Walk In Care facility at 426 Calef Highway (Rte. 125) across from the Barrington Health Center. As a medical facility it was meticulously cared for both inside and outside. The building has been toured by the library trustees, building committee, and both the library’s architect and construction manager with unanimous high support for acquiring this property for its potential as an excellent town library.
Steps To Be Taken
- Once an acquisition agreement has been signed, the Barrington Library Foundation will pursue further fundraising to reduce the impact of the bond on our community’s tax rate.
- SMP Architects and Bauen Corporation are putting together plans for transforming the clinic interior into a beautiful library. You can review the proposed floor plan here, and submit comments via our contact us page.
- Because it will be a bond issue on the March 12, 2024 warrant, a majority vote of 60% or greater in support of the library will be required for the purchase and renovation of this building.
- Our anticipation is that a grand opening might be scheduled for the summer of 2025—just imagine that!
Call to Action!
- Spread the word to your friends and neighbors about this new opportunity to give our public library a new home.
- Follow the progress of this exciting project on the Barrington Library Foundation web site, blfound.com.
- Save these important dates:
- Deliberative Session—February 3, 2024
- Town Voting Day—March 12, 2024