7:40 pm BPL immediately following a special combined Foundation & Trustee meeting
Present: Beth (virtual), Roger, Maureen, and Cindy
- Roger opened the meeting with a greeting: NH RSA 202 A:1 – “Declaration of Policy”, pertaining to the need for adequate library funding from the state of NH, and a quote from Everett Dirksen – “There is no force so powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
- April 4, 2023, meeting’s minutes were approved unanimously after a motion by Cindy H and a second by Maureen.
- Roger thanked those who helped with roadside cleanup on April 15 & 16 and noted another $10 was found with total now for the Library at $110! Twenty-one bags of trash were delivered to the 603 DOT Shed.
- NEH challenge grant reviewed by Roger:
- Project Director to be Susan Gaudiello
- Building committee to be named
- Grant administrator to be named
- Grant legal counsel to be named
- Fundraising team – Roger to lead; proposed Cindy H, Rebecca, Kris P, Susan F, and possibly Heather Totty; must get gifts matched w signed NEH pledge
- Focus/ sub focus – Humanities, books audio/ video and Barrington history room
- Amount of request 800K with needed match from bond / fundraising of 3.2M
- Letters of support Chris Pappas, State Senator David Watters, Select board (on 5/8), Rec Board, BHS (received) ECLC (no) School Board Chair (Garth Svenson), Friends of the Library and PTO chair
- Susan and Roger to meet with BHS to discuss donation 5/13.
- Move to adjourn at 8:15 by Cindy H, second Beth, unanimously approved.